Wednesday, September 2, 2009

WICKED WEDNESDAY:

Inspiration - Victoria Beckham on October 2009 Elle Cover

Victoria Beckham is ravishing on the October 2009 cover of Elle magazine.
As we give our last hoorah for summer on Labor Day weekend, what a pleasure it is to see bright yellow and bare shoulders in the forecasted cold sun of the coming months. We are our own solar panels, with an inner sun making it plausible, and possible to comfortably exist sans shirt, much less a cozy sweater. That may be just as likely as posing for an international fashion mag cover, and looking haute doing it. International is nothing new for Victoria, and neither is being daring or against the grain. My interpretation is Victoria is shielding her eyes from less inspiring style on the horizon, and with assertive hands on hips, refusing to stop wearing her signature garment: short dresses, tight dresses, strapless dresses, embellished and flamboyantly assorted in hue, therefore encouraging every reader to follow suit.


I thought about this cover as I unpacked my seasonal clothing, and put away the summer threads. My wardrobe is packed more tightly than usual, as a section of small, sexy dresses carve out their year round spot in the closet. I haven't sorted this out with my legs and shoulders yet, but the rest of me thinks this is a smashing idea. Here are a few looks I love, inspired by fierce Victoria, that I believe (and hope!) will produce warmth AND vibrant sex appeal.

MAKE-UP INSPIRATION:


LOOKS I LOVE!!


Hussein Chalayan, Strapless Printed Corset Dress, $1269, www.brownsfashion.com
Rock & Republic, Nika, $299, couture.zappos.com


Jason Wu, Beaded Dress, $4907, www.brownsfashion.com
Alexander McQueen, $1494, couture.zappos.com

Cheers!
Tee

No comments: