Tuesday, September 1, 2009

TUESDAY MUSIC SCENE:

Trey Songz is "Ready"

Trey Songz killed it at his BET 106th & Park performance, with new music from his third album "Ready" which dropped today, Tuesday, September 1st. Opening to a screaming crowd with "LOL" (which features Gucci Mane, and Soulja Boy)Trey confidently runs on stage flashing a confident smile. With ease and flair he relates the tale of a two lovers using technology to hook up. Dudes are swaying in the crowd; girls are singing every line. The beat transitions into a a slower groove for "I Need A Girl". The screaming gets louder, arms grow exponentially longer to reach for Trey from the front row. He closes the song with the question: "How many of you want to be successful?!". He begins singing about risk-taking, dreaming, and believing in self. Trey relates his third song with a bit more passion and conviction. "Successful", his current radio hit has the crowd's fingers pointed up as they sing along.


It's great seeing an artist as talented, and hard-working as Trey Songz release another album. Especially after one of my favorite joints "I Can't Help But Wait" got nominated for a Grammy in 2008 (Best Make R&B Vocal Performance), a song about a woman who struggles to see beauty and worth in herself, I couldn't wait to see how Trey would innovate to make the industry see his true worth as an extremely talented, committed & well-poised artist.



My personal favorites are "Successful", "Hollalude/Holla If You Need Me" and it's hard to admit but "LOL" has me hooked - makes me want to send my boo twitpics...lol :-). I would LOVE to hear "Black Roses" in a mash up with a live rock band - thoughts? To hear Trey's new album, visit his site at: www.treysongz.com/album/ready

Hot Song from Trey Day (2007): "Missing You"

Hot Choreo from Ladelle (2008): "Missing You"


New Video from Ready (2009): "I Need A Girl"

Cheers,
Tee

No comments: